May Amy #28: Here’s to next year
Dear Amy at 27,
Writing to my future self is a little bit weirder than writing to the past. I don’t know what is going to happen in the future, but there are things that I hope would come to pass. Maybe that is what these will be.
Next year is going to be an interesting one. Right before our birthday we are running a marathon to celebrate our birthday and the second half of our twenties. True that this year was really the first year of the second half, but we are nearing the ages where we really hadn’t considered too much. Maybe we are the only one, but most of our planning and goals revolved around the early twenties and then the mid-thirties onward. Everything 27 to 33ish hasn’t really been mapped out.
Aside from completing the Infinity Gauntlet challenge with runDisney, I think there are a few things that I would like to cover:
- Cook more. We can bake really well and we can cook somethings, but I would really like to cook more often for us and Alex
- I would like to continue to progress with our day job and network as much as possible – maybe even get better at accepting compliments
- Plan the next Park for Anett and I’s trip to every park!
- Have at least of of our novels published – stop overthinking
- Return to looking at buying a place. This is something we actually did last year if you remember, but we needed to postpone for other things
- Have exercise a part of our weekly routine
Alex is commenting about how we will have a house next year because he will be extremely successful, which means that we can afford to fly to California and visit the parks once a month. I’m taking this as a round about permission to do so and noting it for future reference. When Alex is very successful he will buy the house and help us get to the parks every month. This is enlightening.
As a side note to round this out, if possible (and financially responsible) I would like to do the Coast-to-Coast challenge next year for runDisney. It might not be 100% feasible, but this goal can be pushed until it is reasonable. Although we are not the most athletic of borg, I do think that we will enjoy these marathons and exercising. We are definitely out of shape and this is apparent by panting after doing a number of stairs, but all it takes is a little time and patience.